Please visit Facebook for our latest updates: The Community Project: Ethiopia
We are The Community Project.
We are working together with the community of Debre Birhan and partners across the world to build an educational campus to support a strong sustainable community, giving children a future that includes economic opportunity.
Our project in Ethiopia includes a K-8 school, educational gardens and a micro-enterprise community center.
Please Support our Project in Ethiopia
About your Donation
- $30 donation buys hand-tools for two volunteers.
- $100 donation buys 4 bags of delivered cement and labor to mix it.
- $1000 builds 4 big classroom vegetable gardens
- $4000 donation buys one eco-friendly toilet.
- $12,500 donation builds one classroom serving 50 children each day and hours of skills training after school hours, for generations.
- $25,000 donation buys our first-aid room and middle school science lab.
Your donation will help build …
- K-8 school to educate 1,000+ students.
- Eco-friendly composting toilets for teachers and another group for middle schoolers.
- Community Center for skills training and community health services.
- Educational vegetable gardens for each classroom.
- Marketplace and workforce training.
- Special area for athletics and play. A 400 meter track is one of our goals.
Your donation will support …
- A community of more than 4,000 in Ethiopia.
- The work of an all-volunteer organization.
- K-8 Education.
- Growing food security.
- Improved sanitation.
- Adult skills training.
- Community building.
- Long term sustainability.
- A project that helps people and planet.