Your Donation Makes a Big Difference
Buy a Wheelbarrow ($50) Enable the transporting of soil for the community garden.
Construct a Hand-Washing Station ($400). Good sanitation is key to good health.
Finance a Floor ($1,000). Concrete that will be the foundation of our classrooms.
Build a Composting Latrine ($4,000). These are eco-friendly and a major improvement in sanitation.
Sponsor a Classroom ($12,500). One-quarter of a full school block.
Major Donor to MicroEnterprise ($20,000). You’ll have a 20% share in the community center.
Sponsor a School Block ($50,000). Four classrooms, all in a row, that will educate 200-300 kids *every day*!
Creative Fundraising (all donations are tax-deductible!)
- Planning a birthday party for yourself or someone else? Take your or their age and multiply it by 10 (or 100!) as a fundraising goal.
- Get your organization, work department, club, sorority or fraternity to sponsor an entire classroom or school block.
- Make a pitch to have the village community project be the beneficiary of your company’s annual fundraiser for making the world better.
- Offer your 5k, 10k, or marathon run as a fundraiser for The Community Project: Ethiopia.
- Find an Ethiopian food restaurant (or any restaurant) willing to donate funds per-meal (or a percentage per-dinner-check) and invite all your friends!
- Find people with houses or fun services to donate. Then: auction off a couple of nights in a cabin the woods and throw in a dogsled ride. The sky’s the limit!